Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Hello World, v2.0

Journaling has always been an important part of my life - from pretty-in-pink princess diaries, to gossip-filled, rage-strewn notebooks, and finally, to claiming a little piece of cyberspace to call my own. I think life is unique and precious, and that the details should be respected - the good and the bad.

I began this blog a couple of months ago with the idea that it would be purely technical and devoted to my research progress in grad school. But then I arrived in San Diego, and was greeted by warm sunshine, open waters, and new friends. I think the next five years will be a very special and exciting time in my life... and if I ever make it out of here alive, I'll want to have a copy of the transcript, detailing more than just the research :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for entries from the ever exciting life of Diane! Honestly, now I'll have an excuse to read your blog. With your previous entries, I felt like I could only comment if I suddenly professed a deep and all-consuming interest in AI. ;)

Anonymous said...

I've never used it, but I like it!

Hope life is going well in sunny San Diego. Have you crossed the border yet?